Your Spoken Flames candle is pre-trimmed and is ready to be lit right out of the box. If you’re experiencing a tall flame, simply extinguish the candle and slightly trim the wick.
It’s normal to trim the wick to maintain a healthy flame height throughout the life of your candle!
For all subsequent candle burns, keep these two rules in mind to optimize the life of your candle:
1. Make your first burn the best burn
Allow the candle to burn for at least four hours to achieve a full melt pool across the top.
2. Keep the wick trimmed
Use a wick trimmer or a nail clipper to keep the wick at about 1/4th of an inch. This ensures a healthy flame height and a steady burn each time. Maintaining a healthy wick height ensures a healthy burn, and ultimately a healthy candle cycle.
Related: 3 Reasons to Trim Your Wicks
General Candle Safeties
- DO NOT leave a lit candle unattended.
- DO NOT place a candle on an uneven, unstable, or unsafe surface.
- DO NOT place a candle near an open window. Avoid drafts.
- DO NOT touch or move a hot (lit or recently extinguished) candle.
- Keep your candle away from combustibles.
- Keep away from pets and children.
- Burn on a level, fire-, and heat-resistant surface.
- Stop burning your candle when 1/2-inch of candle wax remains; consider upcycling your candle!
Related: How to Upcycle Your Candle