How to optimize the life of your candle:
MOST IMPORTANT: Keep your wooden wick trimmed short — preferably to 1/8th of an inch. Use a wick trimmer or a nail clipper for the cleanest trim. You may also remove excess wick with your fingers before each burn. Never touch a wick that has just been extinguished.
Additional candle care tips:
- Do not burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time.
- If you think your flame is too high and it's producing black smoke, extinguish the candle, trim the wick to the ideal height of 1/8”, then re-light.
- With every burn, particularly the first burn, allow the top layer of wax to melt evenly across the jar before extinguishing your flame.
- Keep dust and debris (like wick trimmings) out of wax. Use tweezers, a toothpick, or the reverse end of a spoon or fork to gently remove any debris.
General candle safeties:
- Burn candle within sight and never leave a candle unattended.
- Keep away from combustibles.
- Keep away from pets and children.
- Avoid drafts.
- If burning more than one candle, leave more than 6 in between each burning candle.
- Do not burn your candle for longer than 4 hours.
- Never touch or move a hot or lit candle.
- Burn candle on a level, fire- and heat-resistant surface.
- Stop burning your candle when one-quarter to one-half an inch of candle wax remains.
REMEMBER RULE NO. 1: Keep your wooden wick trimmed short.